How do I know what school my child attends?
- You can view our district boundaries here.
*All boundaries are approximate. Please contact our District Service Center at (626) 966-8331 for more information.
Who needs to register?
- Students new to the district.
- Students who will attend a school other than the one attended the previous year.
Where do I register?
- At the school to be attended
What are the requirements? What should I bring?
All students must be registered by a parent and provide the documents outlined below. According to the district's No Shots, No School policy, students will not be allowed to attend class until the school has received all required documents.
- Proof of residency.
(Can include items such as a utility bill, rental agreement, mortgage document, or military housing orders.)
- Proof of immunizations against polio, measles, mumps and rubella (MMR), diphtheria, whooping cough, and tetanus.
- OR -
A permanent medical exemption or personal beliefs exemption.
Students new to California
- Proof of immunization against chickenpox.
- OR -
Proof of having had chickenpox.
Kindergarten & first-grade students
(New to the district or attendance area)
- A child may enter kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if their fifth birthday is on or before September 1st.
- A child may enter transitional kindergarten at the beginning of the school year if their fifth birthday is between September 2nd and December 2nd.
- Copy of a birth certificate, baptismal certificate or passport.
- Proof of vaccination against hepatitis B and chickenpox.
All first-grade students
- Proof of recent physical examination.
- A child may enter first grade at the beginning of the school year if their sixth birthday is on or before September 1st.
All seventh-grade students
- Proof of vaccination against chicken pox, hepatitis B and a second MMR vaccination. (Can be turned in at registration for new students or on the first day of school for continuing students.)
For more information about immunization requirements and availability of vaccinations, contact a school nurse or the district's Health Services at (626) 966-8331.