Parent Portal Information
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Parent Portal?
- Parent Portal is parent access to student information. It allows parents to view their student's records in real-time. When a grade or attendance mark has been entered, you'll be able to see it right away. This access will keep you well informed of your student's progress.
Who has access to Parent Portal?
- The legal parent(s) or guardian(s) of an enrolled student has access to Parent Portal.
When will Parent Portal be available?
- Parent Portal will be fully available after your email is added to the system.
What kind of information is available in Parent Portal?
- Parents and guardians will have real-time access to view their student's attendance, class assignments, grades, transcripts, class schedules, testing data, contact information, and immunization records. Note that the transcripts available on Parent Portal are not official. Contact the school registrar for official transcripts.
Where can we access Parent Portal? What is the Web address?
- You can access Parent Portal from any browser (including mobile browsers) connected to the World Wide Web. The URL or Web address is https://portals.cousd.net/parent
Is an email address required to access Parent Portal?
- Yes. Parent Portal requires a valid email address.
Will I need a password?
- Yes. Parent Portal will email you your login information once you are put in the system.
How can I sign up for Parent Portal?
- Obtain & complete a Parent Portal Access Authorization Form (either from our office or print one off of the school website); then return the form to Bergmann at COHS.
I didn't receive a user name and password in my email inbox?
- Check your SPAM folder, Trash folder, or your Quarantine folder for the email message. You may have to "whitelist", add to contacts, or add the safe senders the cousd.net domain to receive email messages from us.
I've forgotten my password, how do I reset it?
- Go to the Parent Portal website (https://portals.cousd.net/parent) and click on the link titled "Forgot Your Password?" From there, follow the instructions to reset your password.\
Can more than one parent/guardian have an account to access student data?
- Yes. Each person will need to be registered separately and provide their own email address.
Whom do I call with questions about Parent Portal?
- Contact Laura Bergmann at (626) 915-5841 (Ext. 30226)
- Monday through Friday
- 7:30 AM - 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM - 3:00 PM